POST #143 (Friday, June 13th @ 4:39am)
By: Chief Tyrol (BSG Cast Member) This is a piece of what Tim wrote....
I think my wife already explained it better than I could.. We started off with the original lineup and we planned on honoring that lineup and had the budget for it planned out. We all know that guest can change due to a number of reasons.. In this case from the email I received from Aaron and Jame's agent, production was getting in the way and there was a good chance they could not make it. Aaron himself stated how busy they were and that it did not look like he would be able to come.. I took them off the site.. as I said, I did not want to willingly take money from you guys if I know that they cannot make it.. Should I have put tentative on them, hind site is 20/20 and now that I look back at this.. hell yeah.. But to me personally that is still a bit deceiving..
When I thought they could not appear, I panicked a bit being short on time and tried to fill the space as best I could. Please believe me when I say that it not easy trying to replace them.. After paying airfare, appearance fees expenses etc.. for the new guest we have coming.. that cut into the budget more than just James and Aaron's fee.... Then when I found out later that it looked like they could come.. We were already over budget with the new guest.. and other expenses.. I tried getting additional funds from a number of sources and could not pull it off.. I have so much tied up in this already it is unreal.
I know you don't want to hear about money issues when it involves your favorite person you want to see.. I am not trying to make excuses. I am just being realistic.. You want to know the truth, your getting it. Also, I had an issue with there agent on the class of flight for one of them.. he was contracted to fly one class and the agent was insistent on flying a higher class which is a difference of around $6000.00 a ticket just for the one airfare..
As far as contacting Aaron and Jame's agent.. I did that earlier and explained why I could not bring them which is the same thing you are seeing here. As far as contacting there agent earlier. I explained that right now the main reason is that one of her guest was NOT contracted to fly first class and there agent is insisting on him flying first ... I cannot afford it.. it is that simple..
------------------------------------ Sweet Mary Mother of Joseph where do I even begin?......
This is total Bullsh*t
I have never spoken to Tim. I have never emailed Tim until tonight when i responded to a PM. I left him a voice mail the other day but it was not returned.
He has had our contracts for a long time.
Tim NEVER EVER contacted my agent and told her that he could not bring us. She has been waiting by the phone in her office since Monday waiting for him to return her calls, waiting for him to clear his full voice mail so she could leave another message, waiting for him to return an email.
If Tim had told her we were not coming a while ago, why the FRAK would I be on here looking for a flight or some kind of information for the past 3 days? Do I not have better things to do on set than run to my trailer to see if Tim has called Erin with a plane ticket for me?
James and I had our names removed from the site before we were even asked if we could attend or if there would be any issues preventing us from attending. We started the last two episodes of BSG this past Monday. The schedule for those episodes came out on Friday the 6th. Our names were removed from the site at the beginning of last week, somewhere around the 2nd. In what clairvoyant world does this man live in that he could know mine and James' schedule before the AD's, before the producers, before we have even had a readthrough? This is utter BS.
I was informed that my name had been removed by fans asking why. I said, I had no idea and that I thought I was still going. I had Erin Gray, my convention agent, look into why our names had been removed.
The convention was then told that we were in fact still available and hoping to go.
The names were replaced on the 10th at 10am. This is when we began the waiting game for tickets.
We were not replaced between the time our names were removed and replaced and if we were why were our names taken down in the first place?
And then when you realized that you could not afford to bring us and the "replacements" why did you leave our names up on the site and why are our names still running, tonight!!!, in radio ads for the con for the weekend?
As for the class of airfare.... my god how do you even come out with that one?
I asked for a flight with Alaska Airlines or an Alaskan partner. Erin has this email with my request. A first class ticket which is absolute common practice with actors traveling to cons. Tim claims that I am contracted for a business class ticket and James a first class ticket. On Alaska it is the same damn seat. There is no difference between first and business. Some airlines call it business and some call it first. It is the same seat. Yes James and I wished to travel together, that is what friends typically do.
If the airfare got too high for you why didn't you purchase the tickets 3 months ago when we agreed to come? Buy a refundable ticket in case the actor cannot show up. You save tons on tickets buying in advance. Is this new information?
The ticket I specifically asked for, an Alaskan first class/business class ticket from Vancouver to Dallas costs $1604.40 with 2 weeks advance purchase. If you bought it right now, at 2:25 am leaving in 7 hours and returning on Monday it costs $1604.40. Where the frak are you getting $6,000? I didn't realize that Dallas was in Australia.....
Come on man, these people are not stupid. 1600 bucks.... you have screwed this up for $1600?
You cannot put this on me, James or my agent. I will be on here everyday till this con is done to refute whatever BS you people drop on me, my agent, my good friend James or my fans.
This is disgusting.....
Paul Macgillion is embarrassed to be going without me after this shyte. Source